Rigid Core Flooring Adds Durability and Elegance to Your Flooring
Maybe you’ve been dreaming about new wood floors for your home but then, reality sets in. What about the dog, the kids, the water in the kitchen? Rigid Core flooring might be the answer! Rigid Core flooring is a realistic-looking, super-durable luxury resilient plank that can beautify your home for years to come.
What is Rigid Core Flooring?
Luxury vinyl plank flooring (also called engineered vinyl plank, SPC, WPC, Rigid Core, or Waterproof Core) is vinyl with a hybrid, layered construction. It combines the best qualities of different flooring types to bring you the features you’d want for a home. It’s waterproof, scratch-resistant, stain-resistant, quiet, comfortable and attractive.
Why Choose Rigid Core Flooring?
This engineered product’s toughness is due to its multi-layered structure, which consists of:
- An underlayer of mold-resistant cork, or pad, or cushion (note: different manufacturers use underlayers made of different materials)
- A waterproof core, which doesn’t shrink or expand the way wood does
- An easy-to-clean top layer that resists stains, chips, dents, scratches and other damage (even in the heavy traffic of commercial environments)
Vinyl planks offer a warm, contemporary look with easy upkeep. It comes in a variety of colors, finishes, wood species and plank sizes.
Ease of Maintenance
- Vacuum or sweep regularly to remove damaging particles of dirt and grit.
- Wipe up stains immediately with a damp cloth.
- May be mopped or even steam mopped.
Our Austin showroom has Rigid Core flooring samples in varying colors, grain combinations and plank widths to choose from to fit your style and budget.
Some of the brands we carry are: